Tuesday, November 23, 2010

More Medical Matters

The ER recommended an orthopedist to my mother; he squeezed her in today. He has several offices around the county. Today he was in a location one hour from my mother's place, an additional half hour from me.

I can't say that I was glad to do it. But of course this was the least that I could do. My mother joked that she had changed my diapers. I asked how many diapers the ride today was worth.

Anyway we learned my mother broke two bones in her hand, not her fingers. Her hand is still too swollen for a new splint so she has to return on Monday. Luckily she'll see the doctor in a closer office.

It'll be a tough few weeks for her until she recovers. She doesn't like to depend on the kindness of strangers (or daughters.)

No comments:

Post a Comment