Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Earworms

Last week I heard a song from a One Hit Wonders show on WCBS FM Radio--The Playground of Your Mind.

I don't remember the singer's name. He had a good voice, but the lyrics were absurd. The worst part was a little boy singing about a shiny new nickel and all kinds of candy--puke-worthy. By the second verse the kid's onto marriage and children's visits to grandparents. Very bizarre. Searched for a few seconds on youtube and didn't find anything--believe me, that is a blessing.

Since I heard it, the song's been stuck in some loop in my head with lyric fragments randomly popping out.

Prior to Playground, I was singing Rocky Horror--a reaction to a Halloween day marathon. At least I like the Rocky Horror songs.


Playground is slowly receding from my consciousness; soon to be relegated to the dark crevices of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment