Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stupid Now

I consider myself a smart person. I also realize that being smart won't stop me from doing stupid things. But I hate when I do stupid and careless things http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAoAchCVPP4.

Yesterday Jeff and I went out to lunch. I decided to check my email as we were walking from the restaurant to the car. Somehow in the process I managed to erase the entire contents of my in box.

I didn't realize the extent of the problem until we got home. I didn't just erase emails from my phone, I erased them from the server. Neither my internet nor my cell service provider could undo my action and fix the situation.

One of the to-do's was to clean out my emails, copy things I need, delete things I don't. I've done this in bits and pieces but wanted to do a comprehensive sweep. Guess I should have put that higher up on the list. Today I had to send a few emails requesting copies of previous emails. Tomorrow, I guess I'll start reviewing my sent box and see what I can recreate from there.

Painful lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment