Saturday, February 4, 2012

Martha Stewart's One Percent

When I recently wrote about magazines I'm reading http://lynnecoll.blogspot.com/2012/01/what-im-reading-magazines.html, I mentioned that Jeff was gifted with Time, The Week and Smithsonian. The latest gift is Martha Stewart Living.

One of Martha's ideas to make everyday tasks easier is a housekeeping room. Yes, a frigging housekeeping room. Martha took a charming stable/garage, one of the many buildings on her farm, added two bathrooms, a two-car garage, home gym, etc.  But never fear--she reserved the central area for her dream housekeeping room with help from her merchandising department and home editor of her magazine.

Now, I didn't expect to find much in Martha Stewart Living that relate to my life. But a housekeeping room?  How many people can relate to that? Who is Martha's target?

The whole thing annoyed me--she's so tone deaf and clueless. She should just stay in her frigging housekeeping room and live her dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment