Friday, August 24, 2012

Face Off: Season Three

I've written about Face Off before. It's my favorite reality TV show. The competition makes sense to me, unlike competition on the dating shows. (Full disclosure--I prefer the tacky VH1 version of dating shows to the ostensibly more classy Bachelor-type shows.) I also got into Top Chef, but so much of the judging on that show is based on the taste of the food--that I can't experience. On Face Off, I can see the results of the competitions.

Season Three started off with a competition to create a make-up using something from the roof-top welcoming party; the winner was granted immunity from elimination.  The spotlight challenge divided the contestants into pairs to create a character for a modern interpretation of the Star Wars cantina scene.

Once again, one obnoxious character emerged in the first episode. Unlike Seasons 1 and 2, that character left in the first episode. He left of his own accord when his team was in the bottom of the judging. Good riddance. While drama can be entertaining, it can also distract from the real point of the competition.

I'm psyched that the new season has started.  Watch Tuesdays at 9 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment