Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer Songs

I've written about winter songs before here and here inexplicably leaving out "A Hazy Shade of Winter" by Paul Simon. I've also mentioned one spring and some summer songs here.

I've been thinking about some summer songs myself and then goggled summer songs--and reviewed lists.

I guess my favorite is Sly and the Family Stone's "Hot Fun in the Summertime."

"Summer in the City" by the Lovin' Spoonful brings back memories of my father. When he heard the bridge with traffic and street noises, he thought something was wrong with the car.

Speaking of my father--he used to have an album of Roger Miller's greatest hits--I can't forget Roger's "In the Summertime." How can you resist this version with the Muppets.  Then there's Frank Sinatra's "Summer Wind." That song also reminds me of my father.

I won't list all the summer songs here. Or even all the summer songs that I like. I would be constantly updating this list. Think of: "Summer of Love" by the B-52's, "A Summer Song" by Chad & Jeremy, "Suddenly Last Summer" by the Motels, "Those Lazy, Hazy Crazy Days of Summer" by Nat King Cole.

This post offers just a taste of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment