Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I Wrote Today


I was looking at the calendar this morning. Many of my students have started school already and September begins at the end of the week. It got me thinking about about how close I am to the end of the year and how little I've accomplished.

When Spike and I were out on our morning walk, I thought about The Adulterer's Handbook. This was an idea I had months ago. At the Writer's Retreat in June, I wrote the first scene. Later I shared this scene as a blind submission to another writer. (Her comments were not particularly helpful. I did change the waitress' name because she was confused--I had two characters whose names started with the same letter in a piece with only had three characters and 700 words. It seems to me that she didn't try very hard.)

Anyway, today I wrote a second scene--about 500 words. I'm not sure where I'm going with this story and whether it's a short story or a novel or something else but I'm happy that I returned to it.

I feel that I should get a round sticker to wear on my collar, "I Wrote Today" like the "I Voted Today" sticker that I receive at the polling place. I hope an imaginary sticker will inspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment