Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pet Sitting: Return Engagement

For a week in July, Jeff and I (along with Spike of course) were pet sitting for Lolly, a beautiful, loving golden retriever who has been going through some health problems. Jeff's sister Melissa trusted only us to take care of her. It makes sense because she knows us and we love her.

The week was when our nephew Kurt was in an AAU basketball tournament in Orlando. As (bad) luck would have it, it was the worst week for me to be in Ridgefield. I was scheduled to teach two classes in Darien (about an hour commute) and I had some tutoring students. (By way of disclosure, one of my students was in Newtown; starting in Ridgefield effectively cut my commute in half.)

Although one of my classes was canceled (the college essay class which I really wanted to teach--d'oh) I still found myself commuting for one hour most weekdays. The one hour commute was a real hour driving--I didn't sit in traffic at all. It reinforced our decision--24 years ago--to live in Norwalk. We hate long commutes, sitting in traffic.

It was also a hot, humid week. We couldn't take advantage of the beautiful decks outdoors (at least not for long.)

We're heading back up to Ridgefield on Saturday. I won't have as many days commuting for an hour and I hope the beautiful weather predicted for Sunday will continue.


No comments:

Post a Comment