Monday, September 23, 2013

First Day of Autumn

According to this, autumn arrived at 4:44 pm yesterday. I don't understand how it can pinpoint the moment exactly, but I like it because I know where I was at the birth of the 2013 season. Jeff, Spike and I were at Taylor Farm Park. It was beautiful: sunny, barely a cloud in the sky, around 70 degrees.

Jeff threw the ball for Spike and we watched him run across the field. The dogs become more active in the cooler weather. It's especially rewarding for us to see Spike so happy and healthy, after our scare back in February.

This morning was the first full day of autumn and the first time I had to wear a sweatshirt on our walk. I am looking forward to this season. The only drawback is that the days are getting shorter. Soon, dog park Fridays will come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment