Sunday, September 8, 2013

Netflix Movie Night: The Fighter

We've had this movie for a few weeks, but didn't watch it because we didn't find the right time.

I'm not a fan of boxing, but I enjoy a good boxing flick, such as Rocky and Raging Bull. This is a good boxing film.

The film's got the underdog makes good story; it's got the family conflict story; it's got the story based on real story.

Most importantly, the acting is incredible. Both Christian Bale and Melissa Leo won Oscars for this film. Christian Bale's Dicky is quite different from his turn as Batman; he was incredible. I've written before about my love for Melissa Leo; she also deserved her Oscar.

Then there's Amy Adams. She was nominated for Best Supporting Actor and lost to her co-star. She is a wonderful actress. In Enchanted, she made me believe that she was a fairy tale princess. I also loved her in Julie and Julia.

Mark Wahlberg is underrated. He may never win an Oscar, but he will give a good performance

No comments:

Post a Comment