Monday, September 30, 2013

From a Window (or Happy Birthday Jeff--Part Three)

I recently saw a photo which included a Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas album. (I think it was in the hard copy of this article.) When I think of Billy J. Kramer, I think of this song, and I borrowed the title for this post.

For Jeff's birthday dinner, we took the window table at the Spread. It isn't a window per se, but a large wall-sized opening with a ledge about a foot high across the bottom.

We were virtually outside and there were a few tables out on the sidewalk. I felt guilty because we could have eaten outside and taken Spike along with us. (But, we wouldn't have been able to go to Guvnor's Brewery with Spike.) We watched people and a few dogs walk by. All the dogs were cute, of course.

Jeff had a snack sized plastic bag with pieces of steak and duck to take home to Spike and he had placed it on the ledge. A yellow lab walked by and did a double take when he smelled the food. I said he looks a little like Bonzo, one of our friends from the dog park. The guy walking him turned around and said it is Bonzo. That unexpected encounter just made my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment