Thursday, October 10, 2013

Baseball Blues: Cardinals Beat Pirates in Game Five

I've never considered myself a Pirates fan. But I do enjoy an underdog story. That's why I was rooting for the Pirates this year. They had a winning season and made their first playoff appearance in 21 years.

Ironically, in the Pirates' last playoff appearance in 1992, I was pulling for the Braves. The Braves had been the underdogs--bad for a long time--on their way up the standings. 

Now it's the St. Louis Cardinals v. the Los Angeles Dodgers in the National League Championship Series.

I root against the Cardinals. That team was the Mets' nemesis in the National League East when I first started to get into baseball in the mid-eighties. And I can't forget the Mets defeat to the Cardinals in 2006 NLCS Game Seven.

By default, go Dodgers.

Now, Jeff doesn't root for any LA team. It's going to be a weird series for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment