Saturday, October 12, 2013

"I'm lazy and disorganized."

The title of this post is one of the few quotes I remember from the 1986 movie, The Fly. The other quote, "Be afraid. Be very afraid," became the film's tagline.

Geena Davis as Veronica Quaife said both lines. Veronica said the first when she found her ex showering in her home. He had let himself in with an old key she had given him. He claimed she must not mind because she hadn't changed her locks. She hadn't change the locks because she was lazy and disorganized.

Damn, if that doesn't describe how I deal with housework.

I'm a smart person; I'm a flexible person. I can juggle multiple projects and switch gears when necessary. So why does it take me so long to clean the kitchen?

I am an inefficient cleaner. I know I'm not alone. I remember a conversation with a friend. Her ex could clean their whole house in two hours. He said it was because he stayed in the room until he was done. My friend and I would start in one room and then find ourselves doing something else, etc.

If nothing else, this post gives me a chance to play this.

No comments:

Post a Comment