Monday, October 28, 2013

Construction Zone

We live across the street from Norwalk Hospital on a bus line. I don't expect quiet streets and bucolic scenes. But lately it seems like which ever way I go, I'm in a construction zone.

The hospital is undergoing a 95,000 square foot expansion. It started about a year ago and will take another year-and-a-quarter if all goes well. I'm already sick of the dirt, noise and extra traffic.

There is also work involving digging up roads two blocks from us in one direction and one block in another. Another three blocks down the hospital hill is a major construction project. (I have to admit that it isn't disrupting traffic, and I'm looking forward to that new residential, retail and restaurant development.) To add to the upheaval all around us, our condo complex is doing a  project that requires a lift that takes up ten parking spots. Yesterday its scaffolding in the front of the building blocked our main entrance.

I can't wait until it's all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment