Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Mets Post Post-Mortem

Sunday night feels so far away. Today I realized that if the Mets had won either Saturday or Sunday--there would have been a game last night. And maybe game seven would have been tonight.

I suddenly thought of these lyrics from this song.:

As I walk this land of broken dreams,
I have visions of many things.
But happiness is just an illusion,
Filled with sadness and confusion.
What becomes of the broken hearted
Who had love that's now departed?

So I'm still not ready to celebrate the Mets season.

All the talk about comparisons to the 1986 series was cool, but ultimately the 2015 Mets fell 4 to 1 to the Royals, as the 2000 Mets fell to the Yankees. That hurts; they couldn't even win a respectable two games.

I need more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment