Monday, February 20, 2017

Reading and Re-reading

I made a goal to read 12 books this year. It's weird for me to have to make reading a goal--I love to read. But at some point I realized that I wasn't reading as many books as I thought I was. I was reading things online and in magazines.

So far this year I've read 3.5 books. The .5 is the Kinsey & Me.  I realized I was back in a reading books mode when I was anxious to select the next book to read. 

I re-read The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. This is the third time I've read the book.

I love books and  I re-read books. Living in 1000 square feet, I've decided I need to get rid of books. I've regretted getting rid of some books such as The Women's Room and Rebecca. I wanted to re-read them but they were gone.

For the most part, I now buy books that I plan to recycle. I figure I'm supporting the library sales when I buy the books and then other libraries or Goodwill when I recycle them. Occasionally I'll pick up a hardcover of a paperback book I've kept (Gone With The Wind--which I've read about seven times--Smila's Sense of Snow and Lonesome Dove.)

I know that I need to keep reading and in some cases re-reading. I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment