Monday, February 6, 2017

Monday Monday

Quiet day today. I have a cold--my second in six weeks. The good news is that I don't feel as bad as I did with the last cold, and I got a good night's sleep last night. I'm lucky that I could take it easy and have a quiet day.

Lola still needed a visit to the park. I wrote that sometimes Lola doesn't wanted to go to specific parks. Today she didn't want to get out of the car at Taylor Farm. I admit that I dragged her out. I thought that once she got into the park, she'd happy. That's what usually happens. Today I couldn't even get her to walk across the field. She just wanted to get back in the car.

I remember hearing about a dog that used to run on the beach everyday in Thailand. That is, he did until the day of the tsunami. Now I didn't think a tsunami or any other natural disaster was about to hit Taylor Farm. But I thought it would be wrong to disregard Lola's feelings or fears.

So we went to Cranbury Park--Lola's new favorite spot. This was the first time that just the two of us went. I was conscious of staying on blazed trails. Lola prefers to make her own, but I didn't want to take any chances of getting turned around.

I was tired after 15 minutes and headed toward the parking lot. Lola wasn't happy but we still had another 20 minutes of hiking before we got back to the car.

I stopped to pick up some tissues and came home to veg.




No comments:

Post a Comment