Friday, January 5, 2018

2017 Misses

Yesterday I wrote about the 2017 goals I achieved. Here are my failures.

* Write 255 blog posts. Big fail here: I only wrote 157 posts. I started my blog in May 2010 and wrote 100 posts that year. My best year was 2013 with 253 posts. So 255 is doable. I don't know why I found posting so difficult this year.

* Go to the gym 150 times. I made it 70 times. This goal was based an estimate of going three times a week or 12.5 times per month. My best month was April with 12 visits. I had reached 11 in May, when a mishap with Lola, left me too sore to hit the gym for about two weeks. Obviously, there are days when it's inconvenient or I don't feel well enough to hit the gym: one day the gym had no power, two days were snowy. However, there are no good excuses for long breaks other than injuries. Long breaks breed on themselves. For the record, my best year was 2016 with 103 visits.

* 10 hours weekly on non-blog writing. I know I failed on this even though I didn't track it very well. I wrote five poems. I wrote 750 words of a story in April .

* 10 hours weekly on job search. I also didn't track this goal. I estimate I met this goal about five times.

As I'm finalizing 2018 goals, I need to analyze why I failed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment