Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Two Weeks In

Officially into the third week of the year. Still haven't started on some goals, e.g. writing. Here's what is working.

I haven't had a drink in two weeks; one-third of the way there.

I've been to the gym five times this year; three times last week was a good start.

I've been reading Mary Queen of Scots by Antonia Fraser. I started it sometime in December, but will count it in 2018. I've been moderately successful trying to get into bed earlier to read. I also gave myself small windows to read, e.g. 15 minutes one morning. Unfortunately my longest time spent reading was a night when I just couldn't get to sleep. I read from 12:30 to 2:30 AM.

Still lots of work to do. It's easy to repeat bad habits, to forget what it was I was going to change. I'm continuing my time tracking for at least another week. It makes me think about what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment