Sunday, January 7, 2018

Planning to plan and Resolving to resolve

Thursday I wrote about successful 2017 goals; Friday I wrote about failed goals. I intended to write my 2018 goals last night. Then I got involved with other things. I also wanted to think more about goals.

Here are goals from last year that I'll continue:

* Stop drinking for about six weeks until Valentine's Day--a success in 2017.

* Go to the gym 150 times--a 2017 failure. I didn't specifically list this last year--because it's not achievable--but I have an aspirational goal to exercise a half hour daily.

* Write 255 blog post--another 2017 failure

* Read 20 books. My goal last year was 12 books. I read 15, part of two more, and re-read two. I want to make more time for reading which means limiting TV and some Internet browsing. I need specific ideas on how to do that.

* Writing goals? I might as well try for last year's goal of 10 hours of non-blog, non-journal writing  each week. I need more specific ideas to make this happen. One idea is to limit time spent on morning journaling. I'm in a bit of a bind because I enjoy that journaling; I use it to plan my day. I occasionally use a second journal for to-do lists. I recently read about bullet journals. The idea intrigues me, but I'm not ready to learn about and set up a whole new type of journal at this time.

* Job search goals--10 hours weekly. I need to figure out how to make a legitimate effort toward this goal.

Most of these goals are repeats or variations from last year's, but I'm dropping one. I don't think it's necessary to find several new hiking spots for Lola. I'm happy with the places we explored this year. I'd like to find more, but don't need to make it a numerical goal this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment