Thursday, January 11, 2018

Fine-Tuning

I've been tracking my time this week, seeing what's working and isn't so far. Trying to figure out what I can do to fix what isn't working.

A few thoughts.

TV has been a time-eater for me for years. In a recent post Laura Vanderkam suggested turning off the TV two nights a week. Jeff had made a similar suggestion (one night a week) years ago. I resisted. Now I'm ready to try it. We already record the shows that we don't want to miss. I also try to check out the TCM schedule ahead of time so I don't miss good films.

Tonight was our first evening this week with TV, except to catch the weather or news headlines. I don't think turning off the TV has made me more productive because I think I just used the time on the Internet. I need to address mindless Internet browsing also.

I need to add a housework/chores category to my goals. I'm pretty good with with weekly chores such as laundry and food shopping. I do the daily kitchen stuff for the most part; I hate to wake up to dirty dishes. I've also gotten pretty good at making the bed each day. Then there's everything else. I find it too easy to let things go. I need a plan.

I want to stay in better touch with friends. I've decided to write one letter or long email each week. That should be easy (so why haven't I done it before?)

Goals remain a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment