Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Artist Receptions

I want to do more art-related activities. When I was actively taking myself on Artist Dates, I found many fun things to do. Highlights were going into NYC to see Edward Hopper and Jackson Pollack exhibits. I didn't have to go into the city. I also went to a Haitian art gallery in New Canaan and saw a play reading at Norwalk Community College. Sometimes I just went to a fun store.

On Saturday, two art shows opened in Norwalk, and Jeff and I went to the opening receptions. The first was Sea Views by Brec Morgan. I knew him as a sign painter and muralist. It was nice to see his paintings. Unfortunately, the venue was in an interior design store. It was crowded and hard to move around; I got claustrophobic.

The second reception was for a show called Transformations held at Oakhill Mansion on the grounds of St. Philip's Church in Norwalk. The mansion is beautiful with a majestic staircase, many fireplaces, large rooms, and Corinthian columns on the patio.

The artists had hung paintings along the first floor, up the staircase to the second. Several artists studios were open. Back on the first floor, there a pianist performing, a bar and several tables of food. Norwalk poet laureate, Laurel Peterson and others read poems, but Jeff I didn't stay for that.

Thanks FCBuzz.org for the event email.

No comments:

Post a Comment