Saturday, April 14, 2018

Enjoy It While You Can

Yesterday and today were beautiful. Yesterday was sunny in the mid 70's, and we enjoyed a dog park Friday. Today was a bit cooler but sunny. After I tutored, Jeff, Lola and I met for an al fresco lunch at Sedona Tap House. Jeff had already taken Lola to the Norwalk River Valley Trail. After lunch all three of us went to Schenck's Island.

The good weather won't last. Already the temps have dropped about 20 degrees and are predicted to drop another 10 degrees tonight.

That leads me to the Mets. Last night I heard someone--a Yankees fan--at the dog park say wait until July 13th (before looking at the Mets record.) Last week a Mets fan help up a sign "Mets 161-1." That's a fun thought, but obviously can't happen. But the Mets 11-1 start can't be ignored. The Nats are 5.5 games back. At a minimum, the Mets have a cushion against their rivals.

As I write this, the Mets are down 4-1 in the 6th inning against the Milwaukee Brewers. I don't believe this is the end. I believe the Mets will find a way to win.

But one day, they won't. I'll enjoy this streak as long as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment