Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Norwalk's Lit Crawl

Last night was Norwalk's Fifth Annual Lit Crawl.Somehow I missed the first three. I heard about last year's crawl, but had to work at a college fair event.

The night started at the Wall Street Theater with a bunch of speeches and applause for local politicians and volunteers. I got there late, but still felt the self congratulations took too long. Actually they could have been dispensed with completely.

Attendees were asked to donate $10 to a selection of literary charities. Readers, of either their own or others' works, signed up in March (I blew the deadline.) The four poetry venues were restaurants in the Wall Street area and offered complimentary appetizers.

I expected a progressive crawl where all attendees would go together to all the locations. Instead, all venues had readers from 6:30 to 8 PM--you could stay in one spot or move around. I went to all venues, but managed to miss all the people I knew.

I enjoyed the evening and heard some good poetry. It was nice to get out even though it was a rainy, gloomy night.

No comments:

Post a Comment