Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Miscellaneous Tuesday Thoughts and Observations

It's tax day. Our accountant's secretary called at nine to say that they'd need a two-week extension to complete our return. It's mostly my fault; I didn't get them the materials until March 29. But they assured me as recently as last Thursday that taxes would be done today. So, annoying.

This year I'm also dealing with my mother's taxes. She misplaced one document, lost another, said she didn't get a third, didn't pay estimated taxes as directed. I found two documents, got another online. We'll figure it out from there.

I took my mother to the grocery store and bank today. We had lunch at her retirement community's bistro. The dining room no longer serves lunch. The bistro menu is shorter, but still has a good selection. Most importantly, the service is fairly efficient. It didn't take us one-and-a-half hours for lunch.

In our first visit the only dessert option was a sampler trio--three bites of different desserts--a macaroon, cheese cake and chocolate cake. Today we were given the option of a novelty ice cream. We got fudgesicles. Imagine my surprise to read on the label that they were genetically modified. Why would a fudgesicle be genetically modified? Maybe I don't want to know. At least the new flavor of Pretzel Crisps, Bacon Habanero, that I picked up at the grocery store were Non-GMO Project Verified.

On the way home from my mother's, I took Lola to the Norwalk River Valley Trail. She didn't finish the trail, but turned around before the end. She did the same with Jeff on Sunday. Wonder if that means anything.

It was a cold walk.The 70-degree days of Friday and Saturday are long gone.

The Mets bullpen imploded in the eighth inning last night, wasting a great start by Jacob deGrom. As I write this the Mets are down 5-2 to the Nationals and I'm depressed. At least Gary, Keith and Ron haven't pulled out the baseball cards tonight. They're probably too cold, even bundled up in their winter coats and gloves.

Jeff's mom fell on Saturday night. It's nothing serious, but she'll need to stay in the health center for a few days.

Tiring, frustrating day. I'd like to sleep until it warms up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment