Monday, August 5, 2019

Are the Mets for Real?

It's not easy being a Mets fan. The highs don't last for long; the lows seem to extend forever.

I didn't become a baseball fan until the mid-80's. I watched a few Yankees--Dodgers World Series games in the last 70's, but I didn't really start watching baseball until 1986--the Mets' dream season. I had no idea how special it was to be 20 games up on the competition. Some would say I jumped on the winner's bandwagon, but I stayed on the wagon during the lean years.

2019 has been another rough year for the Mets. My last good news Mets post was Opening Day. Sigh.

Now things are looking up. Since the All-Star Break, the Mets have been 16-6, including a seven game winning streak. They clawed their way back to .500 by winning the first game of today's doubleheader.

As I write this, the Marlins are leading the Mets 4-2. Our .500 record may not last for long. Our next opponents are the Nationals and the Braves. This will be crucial. I look to find a reason to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment