Saturday, October 12, 2019

The Eternal DPF Optimist

That's how I described myself to Jeff last night.

Jeff wondered yesterday if it were too late in the season for DPF, but I was game. It's been a bleak few days, but yesterday wasn't bad, around 60 degrees. Plus I promised Lola that we were going to DPF when we visited the vet. I didn't expect many people, but I expected to see John, Jen, and Chris (with Katie and Indy.) I hoped to see Nick and Lauren (with Ellis.) We only saw Chris and Indy. Indy first appeared by herself; she likes to roam a bit.

Jeff and I brought wine, but we didn't bother to open it. If it had been a screwtop, I would have. We could have had a toast. Chris and Jeff were sure it was the last DPF of the season. It was dark by 6:30; next week it will be dark even earlier.

I'm holding on to this: a DPF in November. I guess that was just a one-time thing.

I mentioned last night that our first DPF this season was April 19 with just Jeff, Chris, and me with Lola and Indy. This post has a photo. I guess it's full circle that it was the five of us at the last DPF. Jeff took this photo last night.


Good bye DPF until next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment