Monday, October 14, 2019

About Last Week

The week started with me editing a story for my writing class. The library was closed for Rosh Hashanah, so I had two weeks to write a story inspired by the WPA oystering murals by Alexander Rummler. I had an idea for my story shortly after receiving the assignment. I wrote most of the story last weekend. On Monday, I edited it and read it in class. It was very well-received--people thought it was a true story. All of the stories were good--even better than the agriculture-focused stories in our previous assignment. I am really enjoying this class.

I also wrote four blog posts last week. This included two posts about our wedding getaway three weeks ago.

I went to the gym three times. It's been months since I've made it at least three times a week. I exercised here three times. Of course, I'm walking Lola every day. Our average walk is around 50 minutes. We've been fortunate with nice weather and need to take advantage of it. Last Monday I saw the (or a) hawk at Oyster Shell Park. It was too far away for me to get a picture before the hawk flew off.

We had a small last DPF of the year.

On Saturday, Jeff, Lola, and I walked on the NRVT from Wilton Center through Merwin Meadows Park to School Road and back again. I suggested we stop at the Red Rooster Pub afterward: photo here. I figured it could be our last opportunity to have a drink outside this season.

I finished the week at a reception for the Autumn exhibition at the Rowayton Arts Center. That could be my first artist date in years.

Overall, it was a good week. My biggest fails were in housework and prep work for my ACT Manual.

Keep on trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment