Sunday, June 21, 2020

The Best of Star Trek The Next Generation

BBC America has been showing reruns of The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. I've been thinking about my favorite episodes. I had previously written about some of my favorites from the original series. Now it's time for The Next Generation.

I love The Best of Both Worlds. This was a two-part cliffhanger of Seasons Three and Four. I found this article today--Part One aired 30 years ago.

Here is my Top Ten:
1. The Best of Both Worlds Part One
2. The Best of Both Worlds Part Two
3. Yesterday's Enterprise
4. Parallels
5. The Drumhead
6. Qpid
7. Measure of a Man
8. Time's Arrow Part One
9.  Inner Light
10. Conundrum

I'm fairly certain about the ranking of the top five; I think they're all classics that I can watch again and again. Six through 10 could change. Time's Arrow is the only two-part episode that doesn't include the second half. Part One is the Season Five cliff-hanger. I remember watching it and then changing the channel to immediately rewatch it. Part Two suffers from too much Mark Twain. While I enjoyed Conundrum in which all members of the crew lost their memories, I didn't buy the explanation of how it occurred.

Honorable mention episodes include Gambit Parts One and Two, A Matter of Honor, Rascals, A Matter of Time, Darmok, All Good Things Parts One and Two, Disaster, Future Imperfect, and Power Play.

No comments:

Post a Comment