Saturday, June 27, 2020

Homebodies

Lola has basically been quarantined since her surgery on Tuesday. She's supposed to stay inside (except for peeing, etc.) until her stitches are removed next Friday.

I feel bad for her; she thrives going to parks and trails. On Wednesday, she walked me to my car seemingly asking me to please take her somewhere fun. Poor Lola (again.) She can't seem to get the hang of walking with the cone; she keeps bumping into things.

The cone is properly called the Elizabethan collar. Jeff cracked me up when he said, "What if we're Catholics and don't approve of Elizabethan collars?" Seriously, he asked the vet if we could use an inflatable collar, but she didn't think that would work as well.

Feeding Lola has been a work in progress. The first night I hand fed her and used her gulpy cup to give her water. Then I realized she could use her regular water bowl as long as I kept it full. I tried putting her food on a small plate and holding it for her. Later I used a small bowl with a rubber bottom. I place it on a rug in the kitchen and that's been working well.

For the first time in February, we had outside workers from Kitchen Magic and Cablevision in our unit. I would have had to be home for several hours for them anyway, but I also feel it's important to stay home with Lola. Ironically, I'll be more at home this week than earlier weeks even though it's safer to be out (Connecticut's Covid-19 rate is low.) Of course, Jeff was home this week working. Work was stressful, so I'm encouraging him to get out of the house and do something fun this weekend. I'll babysit Lola.

I can't wait until Friday: Jeff has a four-day weekend, and Lola gets her stitches out. Time to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment