Saturday, June 27, 2020

The Best of Star Trek Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine is my favorite of the Star Trek series. I liked that it was darker than the other Star Trek shows, that the show was based in one location, that it used serial storytelling, and that it had a mystical and spiritual element. I also liked the backstory of the Cardassian occupation of Bajor.

I've been watching DS9 a lot lately because BBC America has added it to its programming on Mondays and Tuesdays. It had been shown less frequently than Next Generation.

Here's a list of my favorites in order of appearance:

Season One
The Emissary Part One
The Emissary Part Two

Season Two
The Jem'Hadar

Season Three
The Search Part One
The Search Part Two
The House of Quark
Second Skin
Past Tense Part One
Past Tense Part Two

Season Five 
Trials and Tribbleations
In Purgatory's Shadow
By Inferno's Light

Season Six
You Are Cordially Invited
Far Beyond the Stars
In the Pale Moonlight

Season Seven
Take Me Out to the Holosuite
Badda-Bing Badda-Bang
The Changing Face of Evil
What You Leave Behind (two-hour episode)

I've got 19 here; I don't have one clear favorite as I do with The Original Series and The Next Generation. I notice that even though I like the darkness of DS9, I've listed some of the lighter episodes: Trials and Tribbleations, You Are Cordially Invited, Take Me Out to the Holosuite, and Badda-Bing Badda-Bang.

Maybe I'll do a ranking of episodes another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment