Sunday, June 28, 2020

Misfit Market Experiment

I learned of Misfit Market from this blog, linked from Laura Vanderkam. I signed us up to receive a weekly Mischief Box for $22, enough vegetables for two people.

I canceled my order after four weeks (though I received the fifth box today based on my date of cancelation.) MM just started box customization after I canceled. It would have helped if customization had been offered from the beginning. In our five packages we got three butternut squashes, one summer squash, one acorn squash, an eggplant, and two small zucchinis. We're just not that big on squash though we occasionally eat butternut and acorn. We've also gotten many apples. We like apples but don't eat them at the volume we've received them.

There were a few other issues. We got a bottle of hot sauce in one delivery--not the produce I expected. While most of the produce was in good condition, we received a few spoiled pieces: a few leaves of kale, a peach or two.

It just didn't work for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment