Friday, March 26, 2021

Another (Fictional) Music Memory

One of the things I like about shopping at Shop Rite is the music it plays--many songs of the sixties and seventies. Yesterday I heard "We've Gotta Get You a Woman" by Todd Rundgren. Okay, I hate the line, "they may be stupid but they sure are fun" but otherwise I like the song.

As I was walking out the door, I heard the beginning of "Boogie, Oogie, Oogie" and immediately thought of this scene from the soap One Life to Live. I forgot some of the bad dancing (Rex in the gold hat) but remembered Antonio and Jessica dancing while Nash glared--after all he was in love with Jess's alternate personality Tess. I woke up thinking about the scene.

It's bad enough to have a music memory about iconic fictional characters, it's another to have such strong memories of a random scene. My memory needs to rethink its priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment