Wednesday, March 31, 2021

2021 Goals (Finally!)

On this last day of the first quarter of the year, I figured I should list my annual goals. After all, it'd be ridiculous to wait any longer, wouldn't it?

Let's start with the easy one: I stopped drinking for six weeks. I also have the unSMART (not specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-based) goal of drinking less. Even without a smart goal, this has been working for me. 

Blogging: last year my goal was 200, and I wrote 207. I happy with this number and see no reason to up this goal.

Exercise: I'm not comfortable returning to the gym. My goal is to work here for a half hour daily. I've done pretty well with this. 

Reading: I'm currently on my eighth book. I think 30 books is a decent goal and an increase from last year. 

Even with three months, I haven't figured out specific writing and art goals. I've been in a writing class since January 11. I'm trying to do more writing, but need to focus on specifics. I plan to write 15 poems for April, national poetry month.

Health and financial goals are evolving; I'm more focused on health.

Better late and unfocused than never. 

No comments:

Post a Comment