Friday, March 12, 2021

One Down...One to Go

I got my first Covid-19 vaccine today. I was originally scheduled for a month ago, but I caught a bad cold the day before my appointment, so I canceled. 

I went to the old Lord & Taylor store in Stamford. I thought that was a good location because it had three floors and lots of space. We didn't even get inside. Everything was done in the car (which I discovered yesterday from a friend.) I did an initial check in, then waited in a slow moving line that snaked around the parking lot. I didn't have any idea how many cars were in line or how long I would be there. Early in the line, a worker apologized for the delay; he said there was a glitch. The setup didn't seem particularly efficient, but I'm not sure how I would improve it. 

The whole process took 70 minutes including a 15 minute wait after the shot to make sure there were no bad reactions. That's not too bad--it took my friend two hours at another location. I'm glad I had a book with me. 

I signed up for my second shot next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment