Monday, August 9, 2021

A New Week

I'm happy to start a new week because last week was bad. It started a week ago Sunday (technically the end of the previous week.) I had a weird sharp pain in my side. It hurt every time I bent over. I did an abbreviated workout at the gym and ended up vegging the rest of the day. After that the pain subsided to a dull ache. I could live with that. I returned to the gym on Thursday and exercised here on three days. That's not too bad for a bad week. 

As I posted on Tuesday, I stayed up till 1 AM to finish Paradise Alley. Unfortunately, that messed up my sleep for the whole week. Even this morning I woke up at 3:30 and tossed and turned for about three hours before finally getting up.

I had one good night of writing for my class today. I gave myself permission to drink more wine because I was writing. Not the best idea, that helped mess up my sleep too. 

Saturday night I ruined the dinner. I had defrosted a ribeye steak and got corn on the cob and tomatoes at the farmer's market. Although I had made the steak before the same way, this time is was much too raw, and then I overcooked it. It was very frustrating. At least I redeemed myself Sunday with Chicken Milanese, Romesco sauce, roasted potatoes, and a avocado cucumber salad.

Then there are the New York Mets. Sigh. On Friday as the Mets began a three-game series with the Phillies, I told Jeff that the Mets had to sweep. Their lead has already dwindled to a half-game in the National League East. Well, there was a sweep, but it was not by the Mets. The Mets start today in third place behind the Phillies and the Braves. They hope this is rock bottom. Sigh. Being a Mets fan isn't easy.

On a more positive note, we shared our true crime stories in today's fiction class: they were really good. Next week our theme is carnivals and we have to write an Abcedarian story. The first sentence starts with A, the second with B, through Z. I've done two of these before. A few of the letters are challenging, but it's fun. Next week is our last class of the summer, and then we're off for four weeks. 

We're heading into a heat wave. That will give me time to do the cleaning that I neglected last week and some writing. Sounds like a plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment