Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Big News!

Jeff and I have been approved to adopt Jace! 

Truthfully, I was leaning to a girl dog, but when I first saw Jace's picture online, I sent it to Jeff saying, "This could be the one," and texted my brother, "I think I'm in love." 

We had a talk with Jace's foster mother this morning, and there are no red flags. Okay, he barks at dogs he doesn't like. That reminds me of Spike and the "evil white dog." Lucky the Yorkie across the street didn't like the white dog either. That's why we called him "evil."

We're waiting to hear back about a "meet and greet" with Jace. We can go as early as Thursday, and take him home with us on the same day. We're not sure of any additional paperwork needed and the exact cost (Jace might qualify for the senior discount.)

We're excited; we miss having a dog around. I wonder if we should have gone away again before Jace joins us.  At least we got a few days in Delaware. We can take Jace with us on our next trip. 

We're going to get a beagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment