Wednesday, August 31, 2022

What's on my Mind

1.    Jace

We took him to the vets today, and are going to follow up on a few things. We're getting to know each other. Tomorrow will be a week with him.

2.    Mercury

A few years ago, I learned from Jeopardy that the dark orange Mercurochrome antiseptic that Mom used to dab on my cuts and scraps was toxic. Then I did some research on hat manufacturing for my WPA inspired writing class and learned about mercury poisoning. Mercury is in Cinnabar which Jeff collects. Then I read a book in which Mercury poisoning was a key element of the mystery. I re-read/skimmed it after finishing Mercury Boys--so what is about Mercury? The name Quicksilver sounds good, though.

3.    The Mets

The Mets beat the Dodgers tonight 2-1, evening the series. Jacob deGrom is now 4-1 and Edwin Diaz notched his 29th save of the season. Tomorrow's game will be big.

4.     Meal Planning

I do this to some extent. I resist against planning a full week.  I hate throwing out food. So I'm full of contradictions. Should I try more serious meal planning?

No comments:

Post a Comment