Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Topics for a Tuesday

Today was my day to care for the birds at New Canaan Nature Center. All went smoothly despite the recent escape of an Argentine tegu (I don't know if the NCNC one is black and white--I don't know much about lizards.) 

I recently took pictures of two of the three owls; I still need a photo of Jasper, but he likes to stay in his house.

Here's Gus, a Northern Saw-whet owl. He's been at NCNC for two years. The organization that  rescued him determined he was non-releasable after a brain injury from an auto collision.  


This is Hedwig, a barred owl. Her right wing is partially amputated, and she's been at NCNC since 2001.

 

I left NCNC, went grocery shopping, and had lunch. Then I kept dozing off; I ended up sleeping for about two hours this afternoon. I didn't realize I was that tired. Later I managed some housework, but I wish I had exercised. 

My summer writing class ended on Monday. As I predicted, we had some wonderful true crime stories.

We start up again in four weeks. I want to prove to myself that I can do some serious writing of my own during the hiatus. 

I had a new anxiety dream last night. This time I was doing laundry at my sister's place. Then I couldn't find a load of laundry to put into the dryer. A friend of my sister's had arrived to go to lunch, and I delayed them when I looked for my laundry. The friend eventually left. It was unusually low tech for one of my anxiety dreams--almost charming (not really.)

I had planned to go to lunch with a friend tomorrow, but we rescheduled to next week. That gives me more time to get to the gym, do the laundry, and maybe write. (I should never say "maybe write and expect to be a real writer.) Okay, go the gym, do the laundry, and write. That's better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment