Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Midweek Miscellanea

The heat wave is over. Temperatures remained in the 80s today. And looking at the 10 day forecast, nothing is coming up in the 90s. Yay.

I went out for an afternoon walk today. It was nice when I was in the shade and a cool breeze was blowing. It was a bit uncomfortable in the direct sunlight with no breeze. 

It was nothing like Sunday. I went with a few friends to the Sono Arts Festival. Originally they suggested walking from one of their houses, thinking there would be no parking available. On my way to the house, I saw plenty of parking, so I drove us. It was well worth the parking fee. Just walking the few blocks of the festival in the heat was exhausting. 

The Mets had an afternoon game today against the Reds: the Mets won 10-2 for their sixth straight win. Now they're headed into a tough part of their schedule against the streaking Phillies, the second place Braves (seven games behind the Mets) and the faltering, but still dangerous Yankees. LGM.

We have one week left in our summer writing class. Our homework assignment is to write a first person story based on a true crime. Our instructor Kim selected a case for us: a man who died of a heart attack in his backyard while burying his girlfriend he had strangled. We each select the point of view narrator. 

I had an idea for a narrator even before Kim finished discussing the assignment and quickly wrote the opening scene. It will be challenging to tell the story in just two pages, though I've done pretty well with shorter stories lately. I've written a little over a page and don't know what will happen. The story will have to tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment