Monday, October 3, 2022

Monday Musings

The week did not start off well because the weekend was a disappointment. We're on our fourth dreary, chilly day with rain. I spent most of the time inside. It could have been a good opportunity for me to get some things done. I didn't finish cleaning the kitchen. Partly because I did a few other things such as clean the bathroom and make chicken orzo soup. I also started my cleaning by going though everything on the small kitchen bookshelf. It primarily houses Jeff's tea collection. Bags of tea were starting to drop off the shelves. I couldn't stand it anymore. At least it's now in some kind of order. 

Jeff and I both had trouble sleeping on Saturday night. I don't feel that I've caught up on my sleep yet. At least I fixed the coffeemaker Sunday morning and had three cups of coffee with breakfast. (I drank tea on Saturday.)

I couldn't get myself to sit down and write my story for today's class, even though I had the first few lines since Monday afternoon. I wrote the first half last night and the rest this morning. Total word count is 357. It was shorter than I had planned, but I stopped at a point where I could. 

I also had some kind of Mets hangover today. If they had won one game in their series with the Atlanta Braves, it could have been enough to secure a division win. Instead the Braves swept them. Theoretically, the Mets still have a chance for the division, but the Mets would have to sweep the Nationals and the Marlins the Braves. Unlikely.

I've been taking care of some health issues. I made an appointment to get the latest Covid booster and a flu shot. Unfortunately, my bone density scan last week showed I'm at risk of broken bones. I made an appointment to discuss this with my doctor. 

Jeff and I are going on a road trip to Alexandria, Virginia in two weeks. The main reason for Alexandria is that our niece's baby shower is being held there. This will be our first trip with Jace. I'm a bit nervous about it. We'll have to see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment