Wednesday, October 26, 2022

The Latest Domestic Drama

A few weeks ago, I noticed that one of the kitchen cabinet doors wasn't closing completely. I planned to get it checked out, but was busy with packing for our Alexandria getaway among other things. Last Thursday night, the cabinet started separating from the wall. This cabinet is part of a wall of cabinets over the counters, sink, and stove. I emptied the hanging cabinet as well as the double cabinet next to it. I also removed everything on top of the cabinets (vases, glass bottles, candles, etc.) I left the two small cabinets over the stove and the narrow cabinet next to the stove and microwave as is. I also moved the small bookcase with teas so the worker could have easy access.

Now I have glassware and foodstuffs all over the credenza and dining room table and bookcases in the living room/dining area. It makes me realize that we have too many things--especially wine glasses. So as part of this cleanup, I will wash and wrap up some glasses and take them to Goodwill. This also gives me a chance to reorganize the cabinets. This was something I was planning to do, but kept procrastinating about. 

Luckily the cabinets are covered by a lifetime warranty (as long as we own the condo) although we do have to pay for labor. 

It's always something.

No comments:

Post a Comment