Saturday, August 5, 2023

A Friday in a Life

I started the day in a bad mood. I didn't sleep well Thursday night and overslept. By the time I washed up and dressed, it was 9. I took Jace for a 40 minute walk, had coffee and breakfast, and headed to the gym. Oops. My tire pressure light came on. I thought about driving to Town Fair Tire (two shopping centers past the gym) but then I looked at the tire. Flat.

Roadside assistance took about an hour to arrive. I did a New York Times crossword and started to clean the bathroom as I waited. By the time the tire was fixed, it was lunchtime. I had lunch, finished cleaning the bathroom, and walked Jake. We saw the mean cat on Truman Street lying under a car. When Jace started barking, he got up, took a few steps towards us, and stared at us. I hurried Jace down the block and around the corner. It may seem silly to be intimidated by a cat, but when we saw him before, he swiped at Jace and followed us down the block. I figured a close encounter wouldn't do any of us any good. 

When I got into the car to go to the gym, the tire pressure light was on. So I headed to Town Fair Tire. My morning's plug repair wasn't done correctly. A mechanic made sure my sensors were working correctly, and another filled the tire with air. I have to return Monday to have the tire repaired properly. This time, the quick fix/short cut didn't work. I should know better.

I finally made it to the gym and worked out for a half hour as planned--my fourth visit this week. Back home, I showered and washed my hair and walked Jace. Jeff and I enjoyed a Friday cocktail (gin and lemon elderflower soda.) I made dinner: mac and cheese with pork sausage, asparagus with garlic and parmesan, and sliced tomato. (I had planned to make chicken Milanese but went an easier route.) We watched the Mets lose again (their fourth in a row) and listened to various songs on Youtube. 

I was happy that I didn't let my tire problems ruin my day, despite getting off to a bad start. There's hope for me yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment