Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Tuesday's Topics

I am happy that July is over. To me, July represents everything that went wrong this summer. I'm ready for the rest of the summer, starting today. 

We've had three nice days in a row--weather wise. I have more energy; I'm in a better mood. I've enjoyed my walks with Jace. Today we visited Tilley Pond Park in Darien. Jeff, Lola, and I had been there a few times. It was a first for Jace. We walked around twice, and Jace got to experience some new scents.

I've been journaling a bit lately. Trying to work myself out of this prolonged writer's block. I'll have to show up here too. I was just thinking I need a spark. How do I get a spark? I imagine myself using the flint and steel method driving myself to tears in a futile attempt to write something. Sigh. 

The Mets season is basically over. Of, there are still have two full months of games to play, but we're seeing a trading deadline selloff that no one would have predicted at the beginning of the season. Another sigh. I've watched my share of bad Mets seasons. Will I continue to watch this one? Probably. 

I'm hoping we can get away for our anniversary this year. I need to talk to Jeff and make some plans. I'd like to go away for two weeks, but we'll have to see. I need to figure this out soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment