Thursday, August 31, 2023

It's a No

For about four months, I've been thinking and talking about Jeff and I going on a two-week road trip for out 35th wedding anniversary in September. Then the two-weeks dropped to two days. Yesterday, we decided not to go anywhere. It was an abrupt turnaround. I had done hours of research on places to stay. On Tuesday night, I thought I had found a great place. 

That night the doubts started, and I couldn't sleep. The summer had a rough one financially. I wondered if we should spend more money. I knew intellectually the amounts we could spend wouldn't break us, but the idea of spending more made me anxious. Then I worried about the weather, whether or not we could trust Jace to behave, etc.

When we talked the next morning, Jeff and I both had doubts. So we decided to stay home. We'll plan a nice day close to home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment