Saturday, December 30, 2023

An Off Week

I always feel a little off-centered or off-kilter in weeks with a holiday. I have trouble keeping track of what day it is. This is especially true for this week bracketed with the major holidays of Christmas and New Year's Day. 

I expected to do a lot more blogging this week but didn't manage to do that. I focused mainly on going to the gym. I've been working to reach my goal of 150 gym visits for the year: I needed six visits this week to make it, including tomorrow. 150 has been my goal for several years. It was only last year that I got close with 143. 

I took care of the NCNC birds twice this week--Tuesday as usual--and I picked up a day for someone who was traveling for the holidays. Everything went smoothly unlike last year.

I spent a lot of time walking with Jace. Most of the week has been bleak: rainy, foggy, overcast, raw. Luckily, we avoided the worst of the rain and even saw a little sunshine. 

Today was the highlight of the week: we visited friends we hadn't seen for in several months, due to health problems. We need to work more at getting together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment