Sunday, December 17, 2023

Making a List and Checking It Twice

Okay, I couldn't resist the trite title. 

There are actually several lists. But I have one less list to make now--food for Christmas Eve menu. I ordered a beef tenderloin dinner from Balducci's. Up until a few hours ago, I was all set to prep the menu and cook the dinner. But I changed my mind and went the for the easier if more expensive way. We're getting beef tenderloin, Caesar salad, fingerling potatoes, and green beans. We'll have Jim's super chocolate cookies for dessert with ice cream or whatever else I see that catches my fancy. Appetizers? I need to decide. Do I need to do more than cheese and crackers and pistachios?

I went to a specific liquor store to get our favorite Zubrowka bison grass vodka yesterday. Not only did the store not have it, but an employee told me they don't carry it anymore. That store had been the most consistent spot that carried Zubrowka, so I'm bummed. Onto another liquor store. I'm also stocking up for New Year's Eve. Last New Year, I bought way too much champagne--it lasted through September. It's better to have too much champagne than too little. I knew we'd drink it eventually. 

I've also decided to get some new napkins to go with my new placemats. That's another trip to add to my list. I'm not going to stress about it. 

I started making out the normal shopping list today. I'm out of most fruits and vegetables, so, better go tomorrow. The closer we get to Christmas, the crazier the stores will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment