Saturday, December 23, 2023

Holiday Miscellanea

Two years ago, our gym moved to a new location in a Shoprite shopping center. It's been convenient for quick visits to the grocery store, but it's a problem on big shopping days before holidays. 

Yesterday afternoon, I drove around for over five minutes before I gave up finding a parking space. Normally, it would only be a minor annoyance, but I'm close to hitting my goal for 150 gym visits this year, and every day counts. I had done my weekly shopping on Monday but was going to get bread and some more lunchmeat. So much for that.

It was better this morning, I got a parking space, grabbed a few things at the store and hit the gym by 9:20. Later I picked up dinner for tomorrow. The amount of beef tenderloin is quite generous. We'll have steak for days. 

Today is Festivus, a holiday that lives on, long after Seinfeld the television show that created it. 


Yesterday was eight years since we said goodbye to Spike. Despite having two dogs to love since then, we miss him. We were lucky to have 13 years with him.

Here's to Spike.



No comments:

Post a Comment