Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Christmas Decorations

I finished our Christmas decorating last night. After I turned off the computer and recharged my phone, I just looked around for a minute. I liked what I saw. I'll never win any decorating award or followers on Pinterest, but my decorations mean something to me. 

This is one of three angels that Jeff's grandmother made. Now, each of her three grandchildren have one. 



This is from a Christmas about 25-30 years ago. This was not planned by my stepfather and Jeff's father--just a happy coincidence. 


We can't forget Festivus!


Here's the ornament I bought at Merwinsville.


I like checking out outdoor Christmas decor as Jace and I walk. At Halloween it seemed like giant skeletons surpassed the giant inflatables.

Inflatables seem to be resurging at Christmas. It's especially weird to see inflatable manger scenes. And even weirder to see any kind of manger next to Rudolph, or Santa, or a unicorn (why?)

The Christmas decoration landscape changes almost daily. I'll keep watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment