Monday, December 4, 2023

Seasonal Weekend

On Friday, I had an excellent visit to HomeGoods. I got Christmas placemats and cocktail napkins, a few things for Jeff's stocking, and other household things I needed like a mixing bowl and a wooden cutting board.

Saturday morning, I bought several things at the Westport Library Book Sale. 

The books were

1.    Anne Boleyn A King's Obsession by Alison Weir--the second in a series of Six Tudor Queens

2.    The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde--I previously read a Thursday Next book and thought it would be fun to try another.

  Road of Bones by James R. Benn--I had read two books in the Billy Boyle Word War II mysteries, and they were good.

I also picked up some CDs: Bangles, Grateful Dead, INXS, Paul Simon, the English Beat, the Psychedelic Furs. I usually ignore CDs and DVDs, but my friend Marti was talking about how good the selections were. They weren't arranged in any particular order. When I quickly found the six, I moved on to books. 

We stopped for a drink in the library cafe before heading to a crafts show at the Westport Museum. I met a woman there who should be able to repair the quilt my mother made and Lola ripped up. 

Later Jeff and I  took Jace to Rowayton Dog Park. It's the only place I trust Jace off leash because it's completely fenced in.

Yesterday was a dreary, rainy day: perfect to start Christmas decorating. I'd like to finish that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment